If you follow the simple steps provided in this quick article it will help you actually spend more time IN the pool than out of it AND save you money!
5 Tips to Keep your Pool Healthy
- Don’t use a pool testing kit on rainy and/or windy days – On rainy and windy days pool testing kits will sometimes give you a bad reading. Wait until a day after it stops raining to test the pool.
- Check your pH levels twice a week – pH should be balanced anywhere from 7.2 – 7.6
- Add anti-algae agents once a week
- Shock your pool once a week – Add about one bag of shock per 10,000 gallons of water
- Clean your filter – generally you should check your filter once a month, just to be safe, but you shouldn’t have to clean it that often…once every 6 months should be plenty.
If you follow these simple steps you will save time, money and aggravation. If you have any questions regarding your pool please feel free to contact us!
Tropical Pools and Pavers
Tampa - Clearwater