What is a Chlorine Generator; Saltwater Tampa Bay Pool BuilderA saltwater pool is a great pool and is easier to maintain than non-salt pools. Saltwater pools are also a lot easier on the skin. A pool without saltwater dries the skin out a lot quicker than a saltwater pool does. Saltwater pools are NOT chlorine free, though. They use a chlorine generator. A chlorine generator produces chlorine for your pool by converting salt into chlorine. Basically, a chlorine generator makes it so you don’t have to handle, buy, and store chlorine, which can be dangerous. This system is climate-dependent, so again, make sure you talk with a professional Tampa pool builder before you convert to saltwater.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Saltwater Pool; Clearwater, Tampa FloridaOnce you test a saltwater pool, most people are easily convinced to convert, but there are some things we think you should know about saltwater pools before you make that decision.
- Easier to maintain
- Large savings in pool chemicals
- Softer on the skin
- No harsh burning of the eyes
- Salt is hard on components
- If you have a wooden deck, salt will eat through it quickly
- Weakens mortar in concrete, stone or brick around pool
- Metal and chrome around pool can deteriorate